Friday, February 18, 2011

Picture post!

Ali showed us how to get to seriously the fast internet cafe ever, so that means it's time for a picture post (finally)!

 My bathroom and bedroom in Accra.



My first marriage proposal at Labadi Beach, Prince.


Group drum lesson at the University of Ghana

Batik workshop


My finished batik on the left!


Kwame dancing during the first funeral ceremony


Tro-tros outside of the University


Me; my Accra homestay sister, Nana; Debbie; Ali; and her homestay brother


Ainsley, Sarah, Ashley, and Jake with their wire sculptures


A professional dancer during a show in Accra


The group driving from Accra to Kumasi


Kwame, being his ridiculous self, at the soccer game


The beloved Auntie Margaret and the goats


The traditional African priestess


Erica, me, and Ali


 Gin and lime for the birthdays!


Kente weaving at KNUST


Ainsley and me getting ready to eat our peanut butter sandwiches


The group at Kandy's!


So, that's just a taste of what I have so far in pictures. Yesterday, we started the real dance classes and it was crazy. It's so hot that I swear my body doesn't ever stop. I don't even have salt in my sweat anymore, just water. I love African dance, though. It's just an awesome feeling to dance barefoot to a set of drums right next to you and sweat dripping off of you. Doesn't sound awesome, but I swear it is.

This weekend we're going to Kejetia Market, the biggest market in West Africa, and having some clothes made by one of the girls' homestay mother. So, updates soon!




1 comment:

  1. This looks like such an awesome experience, Tess. I'm sure you're having a very cool time. Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete